Please read the following information to prepare for your upcoming appointment with Safe and Sound Saddle Fit:
- Be prepared to ride during your appointment. If you are unable to ride, please have someone else present who can ride your horse instead.
- Please groom your horse before your fitter arrives. If your horse needs a short warm-up, please also do so before your appointment.
New/Used County Saddle Fitting Info:
- Your fitter will bring all available County models in various seat and tree sizes.
- If you have additional saddles (currently-owned or on trial), we are happy to also check their fit at no additional charge.
Step 1: Static Fit Evaluation
- Your appointment begins with an in-barn evaluation of your horse (untacked, standing on level footing in cross-ties or other quiet area).
- Evaluation includes palpation, tracings and/or measurements, conformation analysis, and discussion of your horse’s health/soundness/training history.
- Saddles are first evaluated on your horse’s back without a pad or girth to narrow down suitable models and sizes.
Step 2: Dynamic Fit Evaluation
- You then test-ride each potential saddle in an arena (or other safe location with soft, level footing) at the walk and trot (canter is optional) to evaluate the comfort and feel for you and your horse.
- Your fitter will evaluate the balance, position, and stability of each saddle, as well as your horse’s behavior and movement to determine which saddle(s) fit best.
- You will have the opportunity to try saddles with various seat, flap, and block configurations to find your optimal fit.
- Saddles may be test-ridden more than once if needed.
- New/Used Saddle Fittings can take 1 to 2 hours, depending on how many saddles are tried.
Prices, Purchasing, and Fees:
- Payments are due at the time of service. Cash, Venmo, PayPal, check (payable to ‘Safe and Sound Saddle Fit), or credit card are accepted.
- Travel fees ($25/hour round-trip) are divided between all clients that day.
- New/Used Saddle Fitting fees start at $200 per horse + travel.
- If you purchase a saddle during your appointment, there is no fitting fee and your initial flocking adjustment is complimentary if done within 2 months of receiving your saddle (travel fees apply).
- New saddle base prices range from $5,795-$6,995; new orders require a minimum $2,250 deposit (payable to County Saddlery by check, card, or PayPal), with the remaining balance due when your saddle ships from the factory in England (production times are currently 14-20 weeks).
- All County saddles are handmade by Master Saddlers on laminated beechwood spring trees with the finest leather, and flocked with 100% natural wool for comfort and longevity.
- Custom-made saddles are guaranteed to fit the horse and have a lifetime tree warranty, with an additional 4-year warranty on materials.
- Available customizations include flap lengths/positions, knee and calf blocks, panel shapes and depths, tree and seat modifications, custom leather colors and trims, etc. Click here for more info on the various models and options.
- Some demos are available for no-obligation 5-day trials with an option to purchase. Demos are priced based on age and wear. Demo saddle trees are covered by lifetime warranty.
- New/demo County saddles can be financed with 0% interest for 12 months. Click here for more info – you can enter the amount you want to finance, to see payment options (extended terms with interest are also available). If you wish to apply, the online application takes just minutes and the approval decision is almost instantaneous.
- Safe and Sound Saddle Fit also consigns a limited number of used County saddles, available for no-obligation 5-day trials. Consignment saddles have been fully inspected for quality and safety, and are another excellent option if you want a County and are not currently in the market for custom. :)
- Please provide at least 24 hours notice for cancellations or rescheduling.
- HEALTH & BIOSECURITY: We take our human and equine clients’ health very seriously. We travel to many locations and touch many horses, saddles, bits, etc. If you or your horse has recently been exposed to or diagnosed with a communicable illness (e.g. strangles, EHV-1, influenza, COVID-19, strep throat, etc.) please contact us to reschedule.
- WEATHER POLICY: If the forecast is 10ºF or below or 100ºF or above on the day of your appointment, you will be contacted at least 24 hours prior to reschedule. We may also need to reschedule your appointment if weather and/or driving conditions are hazardous. We thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone comfortable, healthy, and safe!
Contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns, or to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you and we look forward to assisting your and your horse!